Monday 23 March 2015

BajioGo and La Cañada de la Virgen















Your Best Bet for Getting Everywhere on Time

by Nancy Snipper

I used BajioGo to take me in the wee hours of the morning to Queretero bus station last year.  They picked me up and even had arranged to purchase the ticket for me. BajioGo takes care of all of us traveling to airports and beyond.  This company really is amazing - on time, on the mark, and vast in what it offers- along with airport pick-ups and driving you to them, it offers many out of town city destinations, including Queretero, Dolores Hidalgo, Guanajuato  and several overnight trips as far as Morelia Their monarch butterfly all-day excursion is extremely popular.


La Cañada de la Virgen Excursion
I wanted to go to La Cañada de la Virgen – a sanctuary covering a vast amount of land on a hilltop boasting an impressive pyramid and its gardens, its burial site, even its “spa”.  The entire promontory area once housed the King of the Otomies who worshipped the sun/moon that centered on the Cult of the Dead which dates back to 600 AD.  It lasted until 900 AD, but the ceremonial grounds were abandoned due to drought in 1052. Fascinating to behold that pyramid called, “House of the Longest Night”.




The information revealed to me by my guide, Daniel Vargas was fascinating and most scholarly.  He also picked me up and stayed with me, regaling me with historical and archeological facts until the two hours of touring the land and all its distinct aspect of use in the cult was finished. Daniel was extremely knowledgeable. A piece in a period of Mezzo-American archeology was made vivid for me.
 On the way up, he also gave an incredibly detailed history lesson on the revolution and the heroes who brought independence to Mexico.  I thought it was an excursion that necessitated a great feed-in of information in order to bring to life a brilliant story that had its own ending Daniel did just that. His deep devotion to his people and enthusiasm was wonderful. The stones we saw came back to life; his tour allowed me to appreciate what I was viewing.



Book with BajioGo. Their location is Jesús #11 in Centro,

Toll free number in Mexico 01-800-225-4040
To call from the U.S. (202) 609-9905Thank you for choosing BajioGo for all your transportation needs.
For any emergency, call (415) 152-1999 or email them at: info@Bajiogo.com.
They can pick you up at the airport! No need to worry; they are 101% reliable.



No comments:

Post a Comment