Monday 7 March 2016

Don Taco Tequila



 
Tantalzing Creations

Reviewed by Nancy Snipper

I think this place is the “don” of tacos. It turns an ordinary taco into an exquisite taste delight. Eight phenomenal carefully flavoured tacos, along with other goodies are on the menu. I chose the Mexica and then the Don Taco Tequila.
The Mexica consisted of a thin non-greasy taco of cactus, arachera and a savoury pico de gallo of tomato, cilantro and onion. The cheese one was a delectable cheese canopy soaked in tequila covering a mix of tomato, tequila and Jalapeno chili sent me into Don Taco Tequila heaven.




Before the arrival of my two tacos, I was brought four different types of salsa; the variety is such a fun surprise. But one warning – if you are not a spice girl or boy –stay away from the Habanero sauce. 
 Andres Rubiera Lacarieri, my darling waiter is second in command at the restaurant.




(photo credit for above 3 of Nancy and Andres Rubiera Lacarieri: Rebecca Woodland)

His recommendations were spot on. He suggested I try their special Clamcheve drink. It is a mixture of clamato, Magi (salsa Inglesa) and a secret ingredient.  My margarita was magnificent. Yes, there is a cool bar at the entrance too.
I suggest you step inside this rustically chic place, and discover your own taco favourite.

The address is Hernandez #83 in Centro. Call 415 154 9608 



No comments:

Post a Comment